Thursday, April 25, 2013

A gazillion little choices

One of the things that has always amazed me is thinking about all the decisions that got me to where I am at this particular moment in time. I mean from high school alone, I had to be depressed about a break up with a high school sweetheart to drive me join the Navy, The Navy lead me to working with computers, the computers lead me to my Masters, My masters got me a programming job outside the Navy, the Navy took me to San Diego where I met my wife, My wife and I being infertile led us to Joseph, and here we are today. It's just strange to think how any little change in the events I might be somewhere else. I mean in the Navy for my second tour, I was trying to go to Rota, Spain. I can't imagine where I would be today if I had gone to Spain.

My favorite quote is "A man in born many men, but dies only one." This is so true. How many decisions we could have made in our lives that might have made us different people. I am grateful for where I am today, but I am still in awe that this is where I am and how I got here.

No comments:

Post a Comment