Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Wire Hangers

A few weeks back, I called my wife to tell her about this wonderful book I wanted her to order for me immediately, Let's Pretend this Never Happened by Jenny Lawson. I had heard the interview on NPR, and I was laughing the whole time. My wife immediately says... oh, you mean the one I gave you a month ago. Well, that was it end of life as we know it. I was never going to hear the end of this. Every time I mention a funny part, I get the knowing look of I told you so. By the way, If you haven't read the book, you should. I'm not spoiling the book, but I just going to say racoons and soap. When you read it, you'll understand. Anyways...

Luckily for me, revenge was right around the corner. We just had the kitchen floor redone and the guys rolled the fridge back and on top of the water line. So, My wife and I had to get the cord from under the fridge without messing up the new floor. My wife suggested we use the back scratcher. This did not work, and she proceeded to say the magic words that allowed me revenge. "If only this had a hook on the end of it!" Ah, you mean like all my wire hangers you threw away.

I am not sure what it is, but when you get married your wife will suddenly become the TSA of wire hangers. I am pretty sure I've been stuck in secondary search for the last 13 years. I really don't mind that she took all the wire hangers, I was more concerned with evening the playing field on I told you so moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment