Thursday, May 2, 2013

It feels like summer today

It's warm here in San Diego today. It has been in the mid eighties today. I am sitting at the computer as it's getting dark with the nice sound of crickets outside chirping away. The only thing that could make this any better is a cold beer and box fan. I assure you the beer is coming soon. The box fan, I would have to dig out of the garage.

For me, there is just something soothing about the way the old box fans sound. I find it completely soothing. My wife on the other hand like to sleep without fans and if she does use one prefers it to be whisper quiet. I am not sure why but my fans have to be a little loud. I have a Patton metal fan in the shed out back that could blow the pictures of the wall. As you can imagine, I can only use it on special occasions like painting or cleaning carpets.

It's funny, when Maria and I were first married her father constantly told me I shouldn't sleep with a fan on. He then told me that's how his father died. My first question was "Did it catch on fire or something?" Maria's father firmly believes some of the old wives tales. Which I always found a bit odd, but many of the old folks are that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment